Below are the steps that can be followed to restore or activate the Save As option.
- From the Apple Menu go to System Preferences
- From the System Preferences window Select Keyboard
- There are two tabs at the top of Keyboard window select Keyboard Shortcuts
- From the the left side list click Application Shortcuts and then All Applications from right list
- To add a new shortcut click + in order to add a new shortcut. Name the shortcut Duplicate and input a keystroke combination of Command+Shift+Option+D then click Add.
- Again to add another new shortcut click + in order to add a new shortcut. Name the shortcut Save As… (enter the three dots after ‘Save As’ using the Option+Semi-Colon command) and input a keystroke combination of Command+Shift+S then click Add.
- Now the Save As option will appear under the file menu as shown below in the apps that support it. The keystroke shortcut will also work in all apps where it’s supported.