Most of the iPhone 4S and iPad 2 owners have updated their idevices to 5.1 or 5.1.1 even if they had an untethered jailbreak on previous iOS version i.e 5.0.1, or they got iOS 5.1 out of the box in some cases. You may be having the same situation. Now if we talk about the ios 5.1 or 5.1.1 jailbreak on iPhone 4S and iPad 2 it is still not available tethered or untethered.
I would like to clear that if you have saved your SHSH blobs using Tinyumbrella when you were on 5.0.1 then this tutorial is useful for you (you should have saved blobs file) and if you have not saved your SHSH blobs then there is no way for downgrading your iPhone 4S or iPad 2.
Here is how to downgrade 5.1 or 5.1.1 to 5.0.1
- You should have blobs file and download firmware files from this page both for iOS 5.0.1 and iOS 5.1 or 5.1.1 from which you want to downgrade.
- Download RedSn0w 0.9.11b1 from this page.
- Connect your device to computer.
- Open RedSn0w (right click and select Run as Administrator). Go to => Extras => Even More => Restore =>Select IPSW and browse for the file you downloaded in step 1 for 5.0.1 =>Click Open. After clicking Open button RedSn0w will ask the current IPSW from which you want to downgrade i.e. 5.1 or 5.1.1, click OK and browse to the file which you downloaded in step 1, Click Open. Read the warning carefully and note that your baseband will be updated. If you have best chances to unlocking you should not continue. If you don’t care about unlocking you can proceed otherwise you have to think and decide. Click Yes.
- Again you will get a message that your device is going in recovery mode click OK and wait for reboot.
- Next you will select the blobs, in blobs section click local and browse for the saved SHSH blobs file and your device will be restored automatically.
- Click remote instead of local in previous step if your blobs are saved on Cydia Server using RedSn0w and your device will be downgraded to 5.0.1
- You will receive a message that your device has been downgraded successfully.
Once downgraded to 5.0.1 now you can jailbreak your device by following this jailbreak tutorial.