How to Downgrade Baseband Using RedSn0w 0.9.14b2
Below are the revised steps that are given by the dev team in their recent blog post where they have released the latest version of RedSn0w 0.9.14b2. It is recommended to visit the official blog and read all warnings and notes before starting the downgrade process:
Downgrade steps are:
- Download RedSn0w 0.9.14b2 Mac Windows
- Connect your iPhone to your computer in normal mode and run the RedSn0w program
- Redsn0w will identify the model and BB version of your device (you do not need to pre-select the IPSW anymore).
- Click “jailbreak”
- Put your device in DFU mode as suggested at on screen instructions.
- When asked choose the “Downgrade from iPad baseband” option (you needn’t worry about de-selecting Cydia anymore).
- Do a controlled “slide to power off” shutdown of your phone and proceed through the normal DFU ramdisk steps.
If your downgrade fails you can report the problem on dev teams blog so that they can rectify the same in next version.
NOTE: The original warning about 3GS units manufactured in early 2011 or later still holds! They have a NOR chip that’s incompatible with 06.15.00 and so trying to install it will brick the device. Please read and re-read the warning in dev teams earlier post.