Below is the step wise guide on how to root or jailbreak Samsung Galaxy S4 running Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2. Rooting an android galaxy device is not a complex job if you are having previous experience of rooting Samsung galaxy before. In the sections below you will learn required steps to jailbreak or root Galaxy S4 I9505 running I9505XXUAMDM Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware. The Android jailbreak process is quite simple and you need to just download CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.zip and then the rooting program i.e. ODIN, after which you will run the rooting program and follow below steps:
The rooting of Galaxy S4 from below procedure will give you access to the root after which you will need to install a custom recovery like CWM and then flash a custom Rom.
Before you root Samsung Galaxy S4
Stop & Think:
- After you root Galaxy S4 its manufacturer warranty will be voided, and if your device battery goes exhausted during GS4 jailbreak process your GS4 will brick. Make sure the battery is full before you root Galaxys4.
- It is advised to take backup of your data.
- This root process may increase binary flash counter.
- Make sure USB debugging is enabled in settings.
- We are not responsible for any loss of data or damage to your galaxy s4 device.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy S4
- Download CF-Auto-Root file for I9505XXUAMDM Firmware [Filename: CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.zip extract the file to see a file in extracted folder with the extension .tar.md5] Remember this file is only compatible for rooting I9505XXUAMDM model and you will need seperate files for each different models of GS4. Don’t try this file with any other S4 model.
- Download Odin 3.07, and extract Odin zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe and run the program as administrator. You will see the Odin main window as shown below.
- Now turn the power off of GS4 after a while now you need to put the Galaxy S4 I9505 phone in download Mode.
- Press and hold Volume Down, Homeand Power buttons together until you receive a warning screen. Release all buttons and press Volume Up button to enter in to the Download Mode.
- Connect the Galaxy S4 device which we need to root or jailbreak to your computer using USB cable. Odin will recognize and show a message in Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If Odin does not recognize your Galaxy S4 it means you have not installed correct USB drivers for galaxy s4 or you can try other USB port on your computer.
- Assuming your device is OK now on Odin window click PDA Button, program will ask to select a file and now select CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gti9505.tar.md5 which we downloaded in first step.
- Make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are checked (refer below image) and click START. Galaxys4 rooting or jailbreaking process will start and complete after some time. The galaxys4 will reboot and PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin will be displayed.
Your Galaxy S4 on 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware has been rooted successfully. You can now install apps that require root access.