You can jailbreak recently seeded iOS 6.1.1 beta version untethered using the evasi0n but after jailbreaking tethered using redsn0w 6.1.1 jailbreak and then after modifying the systemversion.plist file. Below are the steps that will help you jailbreak iOS 6.1.1 on A4 devices only i.e. iPhone 4, 3gs and iPod Touch 4g. For other devices you already have evasi0n jailbreak which we believe will be equally applicable to jailbreak A5 and A6 devices even on iOS 6.1.1.
Since 6.1.1 is at beta stage at the moment, so this 6.1.1 jailbreak procedure is only helpful for developers who want to test their A4 devices on 6.1.1 beta.
Before starting the 6.1.1 Jailbreak :
How to Jailbreak iOS 6.1.1 Tethered
- Connect your iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS or iPod Touch 4 to your computer using USB cable. Open Redsn0w 0.9.15b3 as an administrator and goto Extras => Select IPSW and select the iOS 6.0 ipsw file already downloaded.
- Go back to main redsn0w screen and click Jailbreak put your device in DFU mode when asked and let the jailbreak process complete.
- Since this is a tethered jailbreak boot tethered using the same ipsw file i.e. like in step 1. Now the device is having 6.1.1 Jailbreak but it is tethered and now we will convert this to untethered 6.1.1 jailbreak by using below steps:
Jailbreak iOS 6.1.1 untethered:
- Open Cydia and select to use as user and in the search type OpenSSH and install after which also search and install iFile.
- In iFile browse and go to System/Library/CoreServices, scroll to bottom and tap on SystemVersion.plist to open it with text viewer.
- Now in the .plist file search for “6.1.1” and tap the Edit button at the top left. Change “6.1.1″ to “6.1” and tap Save at the top right.
- Go to Cydia and search for evasi0n 6.0-6.1 Untether and install it, after the installation is finished just reboot your iPhone or iPod and now it is having untethered iOS 6.1.1 jailbreak.
- Now again change the version from “6.1” to 6.1.1 as mentioned above.