June 5, 2012
Jailbreak 5.1.1 Untethered Using RedSn0w 0.9.12b1 Released
Jailbreak 5.1.1 Untethered Using RedSn0w 0.9.12b1 by using the below easy jailbreak. The new RedSnow 0.9.12b1 now does not require to enter the DFU mode, instead you will just press jailbreak button and the 5.1.1 untethered jailbreak will complete within few minutes like in Absinthe jailbreak tool.
As mentioned on the official blog, the latest redsn0w 0.9.12b1 allows owners of A4+earlier devices to install rocky-racoon two different ways:
- backup/restore method similar to Absinthe and cinject
- its traditional limera1n-based ramdisk install. If you have a lot of media on your A4 device (music, movies, TV shows, etc), then the ramdisk method is preferrred because it avoids any possibility of later problems related to syncing to iCloud (including Photo Stream and Music Match). The ramdisk method is not available for A5 devices or later because limera1n can’t be used. If you’d like to use redsn0w’s ramdisk method, just be sure to put the A4 device in DFU or Recovery mode before starting redsn0w (otherwise it will immediately start to use the backup/restore method).
Jailbreak 5.1.1 Untethered RedSn0w 0.9.12b1
Below are the latest package of free jailbreak software that has been released recently.
Please Click +1 button =>
- PwnageTool 5.1.1
- redsn0w 0.9.12b1
- cinject 0.5.4 (version 0.5.3 also had rocky-racoon but this includes some updates)
- ultrasn0w 1.2.7 (5.1.1 compatibility only – no new baseband support)
Jailbreak 5.1.1 Untethered Using RedSn0w 0.9.12b1
Download RedSn0w 0.9.12b1 Untethered Jailbreak For Windows
Download RedSn0w 0.9.12b1 Untethered Jailbreak For MAC
You can download the latest jailbreak tools from my download page.
May 22, 2012
Jailbreak 5.1.1 Untethered
After release of the release of the latest untethered jailbreak 5.1.1 Absinthe 2.0, you may be willing to jailbreak 5.1.1 now. If you want to upgrade your iOS from existing one to iOS 5.1.1 and you need an unlock in future, remember to NOT update through iTunes and direct from your device because it will definitely update the baseband of your device and later if you need you would not be able to unlock.
Instead you should use RedSnow to preserve baseband and create custom IPSW and then use that saved ipsw to restore through iTunes. But if you got factory unlocked iPhone you never need to go through this procedure you can just update normally.
Here is how you preserve baseband:
- Download 5.1.1 IPSW for your device from Here and download RedSnow from the This page.
- Run Redsn0w as administrator => Go to Extras => Custom IPSW
- In a new window select IPSW file which you have downloaded for iOS 5.1.1 => Click Open
- It will take some time and Redsn0w will build custom IPSW file for 5.1.1 which will be saved at the same location where your IPSW file was downloaded, the new file name will be starting with NO_BB.
- To put your device in DFU mode: Connect your iPhone with computer and start Redsn0w go to = Extras => Pwned DFU => Follow the instructions on the screen to put your device in DFU mode
- Restore in iTunes: Open up iTunes and it will automatically detect your iPhone in recovery mode
- Now Hold SHIFT (Alt for Mac) button and Click Restore Button in iTunes main window.
- Now browse and select the custom IPSW file that was created at Step 4 = > Click open.
- iTunes will now automatically restore your device to iOS 5.1.1 and your baseband will not be updated.
Jailbreak 5.1.1 Untethered iPhone 3gs
Jailbreak 5.1.1 Untethered iPad 3
Jailbreak 5.1.1 Untethered iPhone 4
Jailbreak 5.1.1 Untethered iPod Touch 4gs