April 24, 2012
If you have unlocked your iphone it is a good idea to backup your unlock tickets that can be used for continual unlocking of your device on different SIM’s. Below are the step wise instructions on how to backup your iPhone unlock ticket after unlocking with SAM unlock. If you want to unlock your iPhone now you can do it by following this tutorial.
- Launch Cydia from your SpringBoard.
- Choose Sections from the tabs at the bottom of the Cydia screen.
- Select System from the list of available sections.
- Find and Tap iFile from the list of packages.
- Tap Install button at the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap Confirm to begin installation.
- You will see some progress and after the installation is completed, tap Return to Cydia at the bottom
- Tap Home to close Cydia and launch iFile.
- Tap Back at the top left of your screen to navigate to /var
- Choose root from the list of folders in /var.
- Tap to select Library from the list of folders in /var/root.
- Tap Edit at the top right of the screen.
- Choose Lockdown from the list of folders. Then press the zip icon in the bottom tab bar, second from the left.
- Name your archive for easy identification i.e. SIM number etc and Tap Create
- Now the archive is created and you have to email yourself, choose the archive you have created from the list of files and tap mail in the bottom tab bar, third from the right. Put your email ID and tap Send
- Open your email and save the attached file for easy retrieval.
April 24, 2012
If you are facing errors in unlocking your iPhone even after jailbreaking it, and still you want to use another SIM i.e. other than the one with you have contract. There is a good news for you that a new unlock is available that you can try to unlock iPhone, this new method for unlock jailbroken iPhones has been announced and released recently which uses Sam Binger’s Subscriber Artificial Module (SAM) package in Cydia. Remember you are able to run Cydia after jailbreak. So once you get your iPhone jailbreak follow below steps to unlock your iphone.
If your want to jailbreak iPhone click Here.
Update 28-April-2012: Due to a recent patch fixing from Apple this unlock may not work.
Please Click +1 button =>
- Start Cydia and install Sam Bingner’s SAM (Subscriber Artificial Module) by going to Cydia …> Resources ….> Add and now type “repo.bingner.com” and click add.
- After the source is added successfully. Open the SAMPrefs by going to your Springboard.
- Go to Utilities and then choose to “De-Activate iPhone”.
- Go to the “Method” section and Select “By Country and Carrier”, and choose your carrier.
- Tap “More Information”, and taking note of your IMSI in the “SAM Details” section, continue to “Spoof Real SIM to SAM”.
- Go back to the main SAMPrefs screen and change the “Method” to manual. Then enter the IMSI which you noted in previous step.
- Now connect you iphone into your computer and run iTunes, after your phone is visible in main iTunes window double click on “Phone Number” to make sure that the ICCID matches that of your SIM card and disconnect your iPhone from your computer.
- Disable SAM.
- Plug your iPhone back in your computer and restart iTunes if it says your phone cannot be activated. Now it is unlocked.
- You may face issues with push notifications, don’t worry just use the “Clear Push” utility in SAM and reconnect to iTunes.
I believe by following the above steps your phone will be unlocked and will work on any GSM network.
April 10, 2012
In one of my previous post I told that AT&T is going to change their policy on iPhone unlock due to the increased pressure from the iPhone users and even Apple themselves for at least out of the contract iPhones. It was reported that from this Sundays i.e. 8-April-2012, AT&T will be allowing customers who have completed their service contracts, and are in good standing, to unlock iPhone. So there is good news that AT&T as per its promise is now unlocking iPhones meeting the requirements to unlock your iPhone for free.
There are three options you can unlock iphone from AT&T:
- Contact AT&T’s technical support through phone
- Visit an AT&T store
- Use AT&T’s online chat
I am mentioning below the third method about how to unlock your out of contract AT&T iPhone for free using AT&T’s online chat.
How To Unlock AT&T iPhone
- Note down the IMEI number of your iPhone: Go to Settings > General > About , scroll down to find IMEI and write down IMEI number.
- Open the AT&T’s online chat support page and login to your account. Click the Chat Now link next to technical support.
- The first thin kthey will ask you is the IMEI number when you tell them that you want to unlock your out of contract iPhone. Using your IMEI number AT&T representative will be able to determine if you are eligible for the free unlock or not.
- Now you will be asked to provide your email address so that they can send you more details about how to proceed, the response from AT&T may take a week for processing your unlock request.
- You just need to follow the instructions you receive in your email and you will get your iPhone unlocked.
That’s it , so if you are having iPhone with out of contract with AT&T and you want to unlock it act now and get registered for AT&T free unlock.
Note: There is a recent tweet from the famous jailbreaker Musclenerd that says to deactivate your jailbreak before you apply the unlock instructions from AT&T. Simply download RedSn0w and run application and do as for jailbreaking only select Deactivate option and complete the process.